Monday, February 09, 2004

Strange days, indeed.

A couple years ago a friend of mine made a movie called Numinata. It is my first and only film credit. I was dubbed prop assistant. Anyways, the movie centers on a woman who, frankly, looses touch with reality. She starts noticing all kinds of weird behavior, especially on the train. That's actually how I got my film credit. My job for the film was to highlight a bible(the director wanted to give jobs to people that she thought were completely opposite from their personality, hence the bible highlighting) for a scene where the main character sees a woman who is highlighting the bible. Not just certain lines or anything, she's highlighting every damn word in there. It's just an example of what crazy stuff goes on on the train.

The point, which I shall finally come to, is that I am not going crazy, but as I sat on the train this morning, enjoying my book, a man sat next to me. This is not the crazy part. The crazy(disgusting?) part is that he proceeded to pick his nose for about 15 minutes. I tried not to notice, tried to bury my head in my book, but I've got good peripheral vision. I could see it every time he went mining, and it was rather gross.

He got off at the stop before mine, and sure enough, he got up, walked to the door, did another exploratory search of his nostril, and exited the train. My heebie-jeebies then subsided, and I made damn sure not to touch anything on the seats as I exited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home