Monday, February 02, 2004

The weekend, the Superbowl, and the pea.

It was a good weekend in the country for me. I was happy. I was content. I was well fed and plenty warm.

I got to spend some quality time with my cousins- 9-year-old twins. They're cute. They're funny. They made me balloon animals and a valentine.

Then came the mad dash back to the Windy City, followed by a mad dash to return the rental car before I got charged for another day, followed by some hunkering down at the bar and watching that spectacle of spectacles, the Superbowl. My best friend is a Patriots fan. Me, I was apathetic, despite all my friends from in and around Boston. I still had fun, I still had too much to drink. This, of course, has led me to be tired and hungover this morning, and that's the first time I've been like this at my new job. I really don't like it when the phone rings this morning.

For the time being, I'm waiting on hearing from the rental car company and the National MS Society, from one to hear if the car is ok and what my refund is, the other to see if I raised enough money this weekend.

I did raise some $255. Thanks to all those who helped!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home