Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Boy, I wish I worked at Harvard!

I have to admit, it's one hell of a way to protest- students, mostly naked, having a pillow fight outside, near Harvard. It's also one hell of a way to get me thinking.

I was watching the local news on my PBS station last night, and they were, yet again, discussing the Janet Jackson boob "scandal." I know, I know, every blogger in America has probably mentioned this enough times to make you sick of it, and well, frankly, I just want to mention it again. The discussion was with local shock-jock Mancow Mueller and one of those annoying we-can't-do-this-or-say-that people. They were originally talking about Howard Stern's recent suspension, but then they got to the topic of Janet Jackson. Oh boy. Mancow, despite being an egomaniacal asswipe, and I are in agreement.

It seems to me that we're too hung up on too much stuff in this country already. In Europe(so I've heard) there's naked people in TV commercials. Why are we so hung up on nudity?

I don't mind being naked. I don't mind seeing naked people. I swear, too, and I am very rarely offended by people who swear. Same goes for talking about sex. Most all of my friends are like this as well.

So, what is everyone's hang up? I don't get it.

I'm sorry- I felt this was going to be a much more directed post, but it's not. I wavered from thought over the course of my entry. It's my fault. Call the FCC on me, and get me suspended. I fuckin' deserve it.

Maybe the "good lord" needs to look out for me, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home