Wednesday, March 24, 2004

English, Psychology, Philosophy, and Religion

Why did I mention all these in my title? C'mon folks. I'm going to talk about them.

I just finished my English homework, boring and silly as it was, but it's done. And had I known it was going to only take me 45 minutes, I would have done it in my sleep last weekend. Enough on that. I'm amazed I've made it this far without sounding snobbish. Damn. Too late.

Last night's Psychology class started out on a note that I know all too well: States of Consciousness. We spent a very long time talking about dreams. I, of course, was initially going to make sleep and dream research my career when I was first in college, oh so many years ago. What's starting to bother me about the course is that I don't believe that my philosophy and my teacher's philosophy are completely in synch. I could be wrong. We'll have to see. I do enjoy his teaching style. He's very honest, open, and will literally talk about anything. He's probably the type of teacher I would be if I had the patience.

The byproduct of this is that I've resurrected my old desire to write a movie. Back in the day, I was inspired by taking a philosophy class and the chance viewing of a movie called The Hairdresser's Husband. In the movie, there are two peripheral characters who, whenever they are on screen, are arguing about death. I decided that it would be fun to write a movie where the two main characters went through their day always arguing whether or not the other existed. I know it's a little silly, and probably not that interested in a full-length film, but the idea was that my friend and former roommate would be taking a bath while I shaved while we bitterly assaulted each other with quotations, arguments, and counterarguments. Disclaimer: Now that this is time and date stamped, you can't steal it. Take that. Of course, it's not like you would, would you?

I might just consult with the Redhead, and see if she would lend me some knowledge and advice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home