Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Let's talk about hockey, baby.

Here's the article about what should happen to Bertuzzi. You know what? I agree. Wholeheartedly.

Hitting is as much a part of hockey as shooting pucks. It's just the way the game is played now. I know, in the past, there wasn't nearly as much hitting, or fighting for that matter, and that you can still see some of that in the way that Olympic hockey is played. The players play the puck more than the body. It's a kinder, gentler form of hockey. There's the unwritten code of the game as well, the get them if they get you type situation. I understand that. And as said in the article, Steve Moore already paid his debt to the Canucks through a fight- this was just a frustrated player doing something completely boneheaded. I don't care if he feels bad. I'm sure Malvo feels bad about what he did, too, but that doesn't excuse what was done.

Duck! Two cents are flying!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home