Thursday, March 25, 2004

The Shutdown

My friends are often commenting to me how baffling it is that I can work from 7 until 3:30, then get home and go to class for up to 5 hours, and still have the energy for a social life, and do all of these things without caffeine.

The secret is, I can't always do it.

Last night, after getting home from work, I had my usual hankering for tacos. I acted on it by biking to the Jewel, buying ingredients, and then making tacos. I was happy as a clam on the couch, licking my chops and watching the Simpsons. Next thing I'm conscious of is my roommate coming home, and it's after 7. Needless to say, I didn't make it in last night. Do I feel guilty about this? Hell no. I'm not a model student, and I probably, had I made it in, fallen right back asleep. It's that kind of class, which isn't meant to insult the class, just to say that it's something I could pass in my sleep, and might just.

So, I shut down last night. Tried like hell to stay awake so I wouldn't wake up at 2 am, and still managed to oversleep. It's a wonderful world, no?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home