Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Strangers in the night...

So, yesterday, my friend e-mailed me that she would be all of 6 blocks away from me at 3:30, which is when I get off work. What happened after that? We had fun. We went for dinner for me, and a couple drinks, and a lot of conversation. We have good conversations. Relationships, good and bad, plans for the weekend, we covered it all. I felt very good at the end of our talk. I've found a direction that I want to take.

What was really funny about last night, was later on, at 9:30, the same friend called again, and I was off to the bar down the street from my house for a nightcap(and a game of pool). I was inspired to play pool when I noticed a woman I used to have a crush on walked in and sat down. This is a person who seems very compatible with your humble narrator, but we never really clicked- due mostly to the fact that we never got any real one-on-one time, something that would have helped us out.

I was there talking to someone else, so I wasn't in the mood to have that reunion-type conversation, especially since it would take away from my other conversation. If you catch my meaning.

The bad part is I really wanted to talk to her as well, but again, didn't get the chance. Perhaps it's fate.

I'd say it's something like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home