Thursday, March 18, 2004

A thing of immaculate beauty, part II:

You're probably wondering what happened to part I. It's somewhere, lost in cyberspace. Bon voyage, dear friend.

So, exhaustion set in right about the time I finished my campus-grille bacon cheddar burger and fries(beggars, and those in hurries, can seldom be choosers). Class was hard to pay attention to. Very hard. So I didn't. I cleaned up my e-mail in box, something I haven't done since around August. I'm proud to say more than 200 messages have been filed or 86'ed. Feels good. Sad part: I'm still not done. So, as I'm walking home from school, there was a sudden, wonderful realization that filled my heart and mind: between me and home, there is a Trader Joe's. Wine. Food. Cheap wine. Good food. Suddenly, it was all so clear. I could stop there, buy some healthy, good food(to make up for my campus grille indiscretion) and some cheap, but surprisingly good wine. I walked a few more yards, and saw the Addison bus coming to the stop ahead of me. Get thee to the store, get thee wine and snack, and get thee to home for libations and sleep!

Four bottles of wine, a package of organic roast beef and three Thai food insta-snacks: $21.42.

Upon returning to my domicile, I placed my booty(not my ass people) in my small, already quarter-filled winerack. I took a proud step back to view my masterpiece. It was wonderful. Sadly, the only person around was my cat, and she doesn't have the appreciation of the arts that some of my friends have. I would have to share this memory with only myself, as the first bottle is already half done.

Bottom's up, y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home