Friday, April 23, 2004

I've said it once, and I'll say it again...

Zero tolerance doesn't work. Add to that that our illustrious TSA is a totalitarian organization.

Here's my recent experience, now compare and contrast that to this woman's experience. It's disgusting, and sad. It's really unfortunate that things like this happen, because they make people like me angry, but is there truly anything we can do about the TSA? Not really. Unless I get elected president in 2008(my first eligible year to rule) and abolish it. But let's be realistic. That's 4 years away, and I've probably got too many skeletons in my closet to make it in public office on a national level. I'm sure they'd dig up something juicy that would piss everyone off.

The point is that our abilities to get around our once free country are now hampered by the TSA. It used to be you could get on a plane and go somewhere with relative ease. I remember visiting the cockpit when I was about twelve, and getting my very own set of wings from the pilots. That was cool. On my flight back this weekend, I managed to glance into the cockpit as I walked onto the jet, and got some seriously nasty looks. What's that about? Do I fit some strange al-Qaeda profile as a bald man of largely European ancestry? Is this why I always have to take off my shoes? Is this why I have to have the zipper of my pants wanded?

You know, I didn't want to soapbox about this too much, but I've struck a vein in myself that just hasn't shut up yet. Fortunately for me, this country is like your family. You can love it with your complete heart, and hate it vehemently at the same time. Let's face it, in some countries, the previous paragraphs would land me in jail or in front of a firing squad. I love my personal freedoms, those that I still have, that is, and am not ready to give them up to GWB or the Patriot Act or the TSA or anything like that.

I'm rambling, or at least, I've lost my train of thought. I am a little too angry about this, after all.

Who needs a drink?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home