Wednesday, April 07, 2004

The mind is finally awake.

Ok, at least awake enough to get mad about something I got mad about yesterday. My friend, near and dear to my heart, was fired by my former employer, Tower Records. Want to know why? He was giving out his employee discount too much. That's just stupid. Doesn't management realize that a lot of people(and I mean a lot of people- he's got more connections than Al Capone ever did) came in to that store to see him? He brought in so much business it wasn't even funny. What really went down? I'm guessing that because the company is going under, they wanted to make an example of someone, and since he's been there so long, I'm sure he took the fall because of his high salary. It is, as my friend K put it, shooting yourself in the foot. That's putting it lightly. It's more like shooting yourself in the knee.

So, if you shop at Tower, take a page from my book: I literally said to my former co-workers last night, knowing that the items I wanted to buy were in the store, that I was "going to shop at [someplace else]- fuck this place." Feel free to say a hefty "fuck this place" and go shop somewhere that's not overpriced. Sure, you're giving up on the depth of product(I couldn't find what I wanted elsewhere), but you're helping to purge an immoral, sleazy company form the corporate landscape. Those backstabbing assholes don't deserve to breathe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home