Tuesday, April 13, 2004

My door is always open.

It is, and most everyone I know is aware of that fact. Unfortunately, it can be a burden sometimes.

Last night was a good night for me. I got some work done, did my taxes(finally), even had a friend stop by who's joining my MS Ride team, and after all that, decided to open a bottle of red and watch some TV. I figured I could use the relaxation. I earned it. I watched for a while, and pleasantly fell asleep on the couch, where I like to fall asleep. I woke up when my phone rang, it was my best friend, looking for the very same person who was at my house some 2 hours earlier. Not here, sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up. No problem. I have to get into bed anyways. Next up, my friend S calls, about 40 minutes later. Not much to say, just wanted help with a crossword clue. I was more than happy to oblige. No problem. Are you sleeping? Yep. Ok. Go back to bed. Never had I heard better advice. Back to bed. Back to sleep. No more than 7 minutes later, the phone rings again. This time, my roommate is outside, can't find his keys. Ok. Buzz the buzzer, open the door. Back to bed. Please let me fall back asleep.

Sleep came, but it wasn't good sleep. My first dreaming cycle was interrupted, so I didn't get the right kind of sleep, and it's hurting me today.

Tonight, I'm turning off the ringer, though. Hope there's not an emergency.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home