Tuesday, April 20, 2004

The weekend, part one:

A lot happened this weekend. Let's start with Friday:

The ride out to the airport was good, save for some rowdy teenagers who were drinking and pulling the emergency door handles. The conductor had a nice talk with them. If you call that a talk- it was more of a scolding. I was amused. After that, I changed in the airport bathroom- a challenge, to be sure, but I didn't want to fly in my work clothes, so it was shorts and a t-shirt for me. Next up, possibly the reason I'm glad I'm not flying for some time, was the TSA agent with a sense of humor. Sadly, his sense of humor did not interact well with my personality. Here's how the exchange went, after I handed him my ID and boarding pass:

TSA: What happened to your hair, mustache and goatee? Is this really you?
Me: I'm sorry?
TSA: Oh, don't worry. I'm just kidding. Go ahead.

Needless to say, I was not amused at all. After that, I was very happy to see a hot dog cart that sold beer, too. I sat down with a dog and a beer and felt like I was at a hockey game. It cost about the same. The flight was good- we even flew around a thunderstorm, and I got to watch it for a good 15 minutes or so. I love seeing thunderstorms from an airplane- they're so cool to watch.

After landing, my friend L picked me up with her son in tow. He's such a cool kid, almost 3, and makes me think fatherhood might be something I want to do. He's cute, funny, and one hell of a personality. Once her husband got home, we went out for drinks, and even called up an old roommate of mine to come out and have one with us. It was fun, except for being out way too late.

Coming up later: Saturday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home