Saturday, May 15, 2004

And then, depression set in...

My boys did not win last night. It was another hard-fought game, two overtimes, but we just couldn't seal the deal, ending our streak of winning championships in even-numbered years. So it goes. The seats were wonderful, rinkside, and just a few seats away from Milwaukee's bench. The officiating was again one-sided, and we weren't playing like we wanted to win. It happens. I'll get over it.

This morning as I was walking back from dropping off my best friend's car, the christians were out patrolling. By that, I mean the Jehova's Witnesses. Having lived about a mile away from the Watchtower headquarters, I am well-versed in dealing with said people. Today, however, I was in absolutely no mood to display my skills. I turned and fled. Mind you, I didn't run, I was(am) far too hungover for it, but I simply crossed the street at appropriate times.

Today was going to be a busy day, but now it seems I've got some spare time. That means there'll be an extra long bike ride followed by getting some laundry done. How exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home