Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Bhudda and the Angriest Man in Chicago

My friend J thinks I should start doing Yoga. She thinks that will help. Of course, she just signed up for a class after doing videos & DVD's for a while, so she's all about it. Not to mention I did ask her if it was possible to learn meditation techniques without actually learning the Bhuddist way. I'm proud of my lack of religon, and would never convert to anything for any reason. I'm stubborn that way. The point is(as we go full circle) that I need a way to keep these idiots off my back. I don't want to go as far as Office Space, but I'd like a happy medium where I don't get ticked off at the drop of a hat.

Case in point: a call to my cell phone.

My school just called my phone to talk about some administrative stuff. I was annoyed. I am aware of things that are going on, and I will take care of them when I'm not busy, which is not in the middle of the day while I'm at work. Halfway through the call he tells me that the number they have is wrong. I ask what number they have, and it's the one that I had more than 2 years ago. I say to the poor, unfortunate work-study student "which part of the bureaucracy fucked that up? I haven't lived at that number for more than 2 years." He had no answer. I decided not to rail him on it, as he's not at fault. He's just a cog in a broken wheel with a flat tire and a split axle. I'm still pissy, though. I need to find an outlet for stress that's appropriate. In high school, I had fencing(there's nothing like stabbing a person repeatedly to release stress) and sex. In college, there was drinking and sex. Now, well, it's the same, except that I can't do those at work. I can't fence here, either, but you can see where I'm going.

Maybe it's another part of the whole age equation- I'm slowing turning into that retired grump that I'm genetically predisposed to be. Perhaps I'm just bitter. It could be anything.

I am, however, accepting suggestions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home