Monday, May 24, 2004

I'm trying really hard to not explode right now...


This article has me angry. Not in a nice, conventional kind of angry, but in a whothefuckdoyouthinkyouaremotherfucker kind of way. Because I'm still so jumpy with rage, allow me to share with you the quote that has me so angry(from the movement to have Jackson's bail reduced):
"The defendant here is 'Michael Jackson, international celebrity,' a man whose life style to date would not have prepared him to adapt readily to a prison environment and routine, and whose physical stature will present its own problems for him in making the necessary adjustments.

Fuck you. That is incredibly fucking offensive. There are only two things I would say to this. #1- Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. That goes for celebrities as well. #2- Whose lifestyle to date does prepare someone to adapt to a prison lifestyle?

I mean, sure, if he goes to prison and is in with the general population, I would predict that he becomes the entire wing's bitch inside of a week. Quite frankly, I wouldn't be that concerned about it, either. But letting someone's celebrity keep them from justice, that's just absurd. What if a celebrity turns out to be an al-Qaeda agent? Oh, sorry, um, because your movie grossed over $200,000,000, we're just going to let you pay a fine. This country has done enough despicable things, and adding to the list would make me sick.

End preferrential treatment now.

1 Comments:

Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

Yeah. I hate that argument also...I ranted off about the same idea when they tried this with Kobe Bryant...we was educated abroad, young when he entered the professional sports arena and didn't have the same chances as others to learn how to properly socialize, yada yada yada...

Like the blog!

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home