Thursday, May 06, 2004

My commute

I love the half mile that I walk from the train to my office. There's so much going on that it's a rather stimulating experience. What I'm particularly enjoying lately is the people. There's the guy in the US Marine Corps hat- he's probably in his 50s or early 60s, who I use as a guide to know how early or late I am. There's the couple who's always holding hands as they walk- cute, but sometimes a little too cute for that early in the morning. There's the absurdly thin woman who smiles at me everyday, who I always wonder how old she is, simply because she looks so young. She's probably my age is the funny thing. Then, there's the woman I'm secretly in love with. She's probably in her mid-40s or so, but I don't see her like that. I see her as she was about 15 years ago, when she was my age. That's why I'm secretly in love with her- because she is so pretty in my mind. It could also be that she always seems to have a "I'm divorced and bitter about it" air around her. Perhaps I'm attracted to cynical people. Someone should look into that. Not me, though. I'm too busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home