Tuesday, June 22, 2004

It's like the Friday Five, just 80's oriented.

From All Things Jen(nifer):

1. Where were you when you heard that Ronald Reagan died?
Just got home from a bike ride, and turned on the TV.

2. Where were you on September 11, 2001?
I had gone to bed the night before at 5am or so, and was sleeping when my girlfriend woke me up and told me about the first plane. I was shocked, but fell back to sleep, thinking it was an accident. When she woke me up for the second one, I thought the first time was a dream. I was awake after that, watching the TV constantly until I had to leave for work at 3.

3. Where were you when you heard that Princess Diana died?
At a bar on the Southwest side of Chicago- a woman who worked for me moonlighted as a bartender, so I was trashed on Okochim and VO- all for the cost of $5. My friend T and I were playing pool.

4. Do you remember where you were when you heard Kurt Cobain had died?
I had walked into my fellow RA's dorm room, and he told me. I wasn't that concerned.


5. Where were you when the Challenger exploded?
6th grade Math class, sitting next to E.M., a girl I had a HUGE crush on. The computer lab guy came in and told us.

6. Where were you when the 0J verdict was announced?
Probably doing something along the lines of not caring. It was obvious who did it, and he got off. I lost a lot of faith in the system that day.

I'd expand on this, but I'm leaving work in 2 minutes. Maybe later.
After I install my DSL and maybe take a nap- clear the head a bit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I am so jelous of your blog entry...I wish I would have thought of it. Let's see what I can remember...Reagan- in Baltimore MD for a pool tourney. A teammates wife told me. I was then glued to the news in the middle of the bar.

Sept 11- working...my Boss called me and told me to turn on the TV. I was glued to the TV and radio the rest of the day.

Princess DI- Don't remember

Kurt- MTV news I am sure.

Challenger- 3rd grade class watching it live on TV.

OJ- Don't remember.

There you have it.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home