Monday, June 28, 2004

Lessons learned and other things.

This weekend was one of the most fun weekends I've had. Sadly, my right knee decided it wasn't going to be as fun as I wanted it to be. It went out around mile 37 on Saturday's ride. I still managed to do almost 80 miles, but couldn't do the century, which was my overall goal for the weekend. Yesterday I wanted to do the 75-mile course, but knew that my knee wouldn't do it, so I biked the 35-mile course. The lesson to be learned in this case is: get your knees fixed before the ride.

Don't worry. I'm off to the doctor this week, and will hopefully at least one surgery before the end of summer.

The ride was immense fun. Coming into each town with people cheering us on, coming into the finish lines with people cheering and thanking me was outstanding.

My best friend couldn't make the trip, so my friend J stepped up and helped us out by being our equipment manager for the weekend. Without her, we couldn't have gotten through the weekend.

A very, very big thank you to all those who supported me and helped raise money for my cause. I have topped $3500 now, and am looking for $1500 more. Please, if you can, contribute to my cause. If you've already contributed, thank you again.

Well, I've got the day off from work to recover(mostly from my hangover). I'm probably going to try to see Fahrenheit 9/11, if I can find a movie theatre that's close enough to the train. And if I can manage to get myself off my ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home