Thursday, June 03, 2004

Reliving younger days... again.

This weekend, I will be proctoring the CFA exam. It's not a bad gig. I get paid lots of money to do a job that I barely made minimum wage doing 15 years ago. That's kinda scary- one of the reasons I left corporate America the first time. I had the horrible realization that by the time I was 30, I would have spent half my life working for the same company.

I just couldn't have that.

But today, I am reading through the manual and remembering how strange and bizarre the test administration world is. I've received my assingment, but I don't know what the code means, so I'm clueless as to how I'm going to spend my Saturday.

On Tuesday, after class, I stopped by good ol' Tower to buy the latest Beta Band album. One of my former co-workers asked me if I missed the fun and excitement of the Saturday morning Ticket onsales. I have to admit that I do, it sure is fun to spend a hungover Saturday morning yelling at people who should understand simple things. Crowd control is my forte, and I miss it. Especially the yelling part.

Of course, one could argue that I get to do the same thing here, in a reduced manner. Well, somewhat reduced. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get to do the same thing on this Saturday. Maybe.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too, Dave, I miss it, too.
Now, turn and put your right shoulder against the wall, If your shoulder isn't touching the wall, then you are not in a single file line, are you. Didn't they seem to love it? To just ignore you simply to see what horrible and funny thing would come out of your mouth next?
Luv, TK, the other redhead, who lives here in chicago...

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home