Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Songs they forgot about

The AFI is at it again, producing a list of the best movie songs of all time. Here's what they forgot:

Darth Vader's March from the Star Wars Original Trilogy
Every goddamn song from Blazing Saddles
Theme from Orgazmo
Faber College Theme from Animal House
Ghostbusters by Ray Parker, Jr from Ghostbusters
Spies Like Us from Spies Like Us
Pretty much every song from the Hi Fidelity soundtrack
Same thing for Grosse Point Blank(c'mon, Joe Strummer was music director)
The entire soundtrack for Spanking the Monkey(music by Morphine)
Uncle Fucka from South Park
Better Off Dead from Better Off Dead
Soundtrack for Yellow Submarine
Hotdogs with Everything and Love Kills from Sid & Nancy
Police Academy Theme
We'll Meet Again from Dr. Stranglove

There's more, but I'm separated from my DVD collection and not in the best state of mental health, so I'll have to append as I think of more. I would link to each movie, but I'm going to leave it to you, my dear readers, to go to imdb.com and look up each song, if you are so inclined.

I'm also willing to entertain additions. You know where to leave them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home