Wednesday, June 16, 2004

There's a place for people like you.

If you haven't heard(I saw this on the news last night), there's this asshole in Texas who almost hurt a 4-year-old last night while diving for a foul ball at a Rangers game. After being swatted by the boy's mother, he refused to relinquish the ball to the child. Needless to say, he was taunted by the section, the announcers, and eventually, by the entire stadium. Thankfully, he left the game early. Thankfully, both the Cardinals and Rangers responded by bringing the child signed bats, balls, and other souvenirs. Even the Mets are sending the boy items.

I'll fully admit to not always paying attention to those with children at sporting events, in that I tend to swear a lot and be very loud. I am, however, aware of those around me, and wouldn't jump on a child to get something as stupid as a foul ball.

Of course, I've been known to spit beer at the opposing team's pitchers. I'll tell that story later.

For now, shame on you, asshole from Texas(his name is in the article, FYI).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home