Friday, June 25, 2004

The Time Traveler's Dave?

I had a rather interesting Time Traveler's Wife style moment this morning. I went to bed last night, rather exhausted, probably around 11. I am an old man, and 5 am comes earlier every damn day. Anyways, I distinctly remember my alarm going off, being unable to find the snooze button(which is ironic, as it is on most alarm clocks, the largest button on the clock) so I reset the alarm for 5:20, and went back to sleep, half worried that I didn't set it right, and would sleep through the alarm. Suddenly, I awake to a group of people outside my window singing "Redemption Song" who aren't getting many of the words right. I presume they are drunk, but I look at my clock and see it tell me that it is 7:21 in the morning. In a panic I shoot out of bed and run to the bathroom. On my way, I realize that it is far too dark out to be 7:21, unless it's really cloudy out. I stopped at my computer, and tried to read the clock- it said 1:22. I found my watch -same results- 1:22. I went back to my bedroom, read both the VCR and alarm clock, and realized it must have actually been 1:30. But I needed proof- I needed the only clock in my house that is updated via satellite- my cell phone. Sure as hell, it was only 1:30. I uneasily went back to bed, only to wake up 3 hours later, well before my alarm, again confused and a little pissy that I was awake. I double-checked what time my alarm was set for, and sure enough, 5:20.

So, do I have any DeTamble genes in me? I doubt it. At least, I hope not. It is a weird course of events, though.

8 Comments:

Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

You said your head was feeling better right?

Sorry, but I was laughing at your expense...that is a great story! I can imagine being quite confused! : )

9:05 AM  
Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

Now if a young girl came to you while checking out your VCR clock and said that she was your future wife, well then I would worry! : ) Redemption song?

9:07 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Sadly, the head isn't much better. I'm starting to get worried. I guess I have good days and bad days.

If I were a CDP, and if there was a young girl claiming to be my future wife, I'd be intrigued. I'd hope that next time I time traveled I'd see her, too, so I could scope her out.

Hee hee.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Those of you who are quick on the draw would have seen that my response to Jennifer was repeated some 4 times, because the server kept kicking me out.

I deleted the less funny ones and kept what I thought was the best.

11:29 AM  
Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

Ah, I thought you were being crude, lewd and socially unacceptable, and then changed your mind...but no. Just a blogger error...

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home