Monday, July 19, 2004

Ah, Monday.

My Sunday was full of sitting around- laziness and hangovers made for a slow, slow day. I needed it. I calculated that I finally had no plans for the first time in almost a month- and I loved it.
 
Saturday afternoon, my friend A called me and asked if I wanted to go to a barbeque hosted by an old Tower friend, so I got to party with the old co-workers who all wanted to know what was up with my knee. By the end of the night, I had the story down to a simple, quick, ask me no more questions system. It was fun, especially since I had seen another old co-worker(not one that I want to see) working at Border's after my PT appointment on Friday. We spent the evening telling stories about him, and then got to talking about our friend N, who died in August of last year. It was rather eerie and amusing that each of us(there were about 5 total) had a "reminder" of him in the last week or so.
 
I also met a girl at the barbeque, but realized that she's too young for me(age isn't just a number when you're 9 years apart) and lost interest quickly. It's for the best. Trust me.
 
Last night, Team Schlitzkreig won pub quiz. We didn't just win, we kicked some serious ass, leading from round 1 on- we finished some 14 points ahead of the second place team. It as a good feeling. Oddly, we won it in the first round, which was a Tour de France round- turns out we're the only ones who know anything about cycling.
 
That's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home