Friday, July 09, 2004

Anger, witticisms, and the 30-something Dave

As I'm sure most folks already know, AT&T Wireless was recently purchased by Cingular Wireless. I, as a matter of now public record, am a customer of the rather crappy AT&T Wireless service. For the last 2 days or so, I have either lost my signal all together, or shown that my service is now Cingular, but, if I make or receive a call while I have Cingular service on my phone, it apparently counts as roaming charges.

Of course, my friends, I have a fairly standard national plan, 400 minutes, free nights and weekends, but I can still be charged roaming- even if my company is switching over to Cingular. The thing that really gets me steamed is that, because my phone is searching over and over again for a network connection(this happens at least 8 times a day), the battery runs almost completely down. I have the feeling that for the first time in 5 years, I may have to change my cell phone information, and I'm not looking forward to that.

On the lighter side of life, I went to the Osco last night to get some supplies I needed and one of the people in front of me in line had forgotten a bag of frozen pizza. The cashier noticed, and I asked her what she looked like, because, although I was just looking at her, I didn't remember at all. The cashier, a late 30's, maybe early 40's redhead, said to me "you were probably just looking at the blond."

My response? "They say that gentlemen prefer blondes, however, the true gentleman who has the highest appreciation of the female species, prefers redheads." Proving that when I feel like it, I can be relatively suave.

(Cue the theme music)
Yes yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home