Thursday, July 01, 2004

Pet peeve.

It seems to me, in this modern world of spell checkers, that we've lost the art of proofreading. Mind you, I am notorious for leaving gross errors in my blog and correspondence and cursing myself afterwards, but that doesn't mean I can't call it my pet peeve.

An example from an article I was just reading:
The canyon would have been rich in wildfire: elk, deer, bighorn sheep, bear, mountain lions, wild turkeys - all animals that Wilcox says are still around, but in lesser numbers due to modern hunting pressure in the larger Book Cliffs region.

A canyon rich in wildfire? Don't you mean wildlife? Did the editor even read this? Would he say 'do you know how time consuming it would be for me to read every article I approve?'

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Let's don't even start how "it's" is replacing "its" in the written language :(

1:22 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Sadly, I would be one of the most frequent violator of that. I can never keep the two straight any more. As much as I try.

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home