Monday, July 19, 2004

This tiiiiiiiayayayayayayayme!!!!!!!

I don't know how it crawled in here, but the song Patience by Guns N' Roses has been throughly stuck in my head for the last 45 minutes. This is funny, because that song was me and my first love's song, way way way back in the winter of 1988. Here I am, almost 16 years later, reliving all those bad memories of the breakup and laughing at the fact that in the last 15 years since we broke up- which, now that I think about it, happened almost exactly 15 years ago, that would explain it- we've exchanged maybe 4 words. I see from her profile on classmates.com that she is married with one kid, living in North Dakota and owns a SUV. I hope she's happy.
 
Careful now, here comes a strange tangent:
 
The other major anniversary I'll be celebrating this week is the beginning of my employment, July 23, 1989. That's the day I started working for the soulless company who stole my youth. If memory serves, I got the job about 10 days after the heartbreaking breakup- and boy did I need it. So, on Friday night, I say we go out and celebrate my 15 years of employment with multiple beers. for some reason, I foresee a trip to a karaoke bar for a heartwarming rendition of Take this Job and Shove It. Anyone in Chicago is more than welcome to accompany me- just drop a comment and I'll e-mail you.
 
And, fortunately for me, I now have a wonderful Johnny Paycheck song in my head.
 

1 Comments:

Blogger Zesmerelda said...

The cure for earworm, so I'm told, is to sing 'We all live in a yellow submarine' until it goes away. I know it sounds like the cure is worse than the disease, but it did chase away a recent case of Hank Williams Jr. I was inflicted with. You haven't suffered until you've had 4 days of 'Family Tradition' running through your head.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home