Thursday, July 29, 2004

Who said history was boring?

Not me.

Definitely not after I found this article this morning, about a Wari Empire brewery that's at least a thousand years old. Turns out some botanists from the Field Museum are looking to reproduce the chicha- and I want a taste.

Speaking about alcoholic beverages, last night was a minor "guys night out" with my roommate and two of our married friends. We supped at my favorite Irish pub, enjoyed a few cold ones, and then headed up the street for a nightcap(it's odd, and perhaps a function of age, that a "nightcap" becomes the drink you have at 8:45) at one of my old stand-bys, Ten Cat. Then the weird thing happened. I guess it's not really weird, but it was weird that my comrades noticed this before I did(could have been the Magner's), but as we were walking home, there was a young woman, maybe about 18 or 19(I can't tell age anymore, I'm just guessing), who was not only checking me out, but staring at me as we walked by.

It's good to know that whatever 'it' is, I apparently still have a part of it. Good for me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is for you:

http://www.absolutelyric.com/a/view/Bee_Gees/Stayin'_Alive/

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is for you:

http://www.absolutelyric.com/a/view/Bee_Gees/Stayin'_Alive/

Pat

(sorry if it is double posted)

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home