Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Excuse me for a moment.

I know that those not in the tech support sphere have been known to give us a bad rap. We deserve it. We have a certain specialized knowledge and we know it, which leads to a certain degree of elitism which varies from worker to worker. We're like that- akin to the discussion in High Fidelity about being snobs, we are. What's worse is I used to be a snobby music and video store worker. Perhaps I am, underneath, a complete snob. I apologize.

However, when I have customers call here and tell me how to fix their computers, I have to wonder what the hell's going on. I mean, if you already think you know what the problem is, why did you bother to call me?

It stems, I think, from people just not listening. I told him what I thought was wrong, and instructed him as to how to fix it, and he didn't listen at all. "I cleared out cookies and files yesterday, so that's not the problem." I didn't say it was, asshat. The solution I gave you was completely different, you just chose to ignore it.

Ok, maybe I'm a little grumpy this morning. Again, I apologize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home