Monday, August 02, 2004

Monday Morning Blues

I'm just tired, really. Not bluesy at all. I just couldn't think of a better title.

Yesterday was a busy, busy day. I did laundry all day long- and finished everything. I like having all the laundry done, except now I have to find places for the seeming thousands of t-shirts I own. As it were, I have been to far too many concerts in my lifetime. Time for a new dresser.

I also tackled a task for Erin Go Blog, and made a mix CD containing songs that reminded me of the years 1974-1992. This was a relatively easy mix to make, however, I spent too much time putting 80's songs on there. For the most part, the songs were things that reminded me of specific events- the song the morning announcement guys broke in and played when the final bell rang on our last day, things like that. The danger, of course, with making this kind of CD is that I inevitably go searching for music I don't have, and wind up with a bunch of songs I don't need, or, much, much worse, don't have space to do on a single CD. This was definitely the case yesterday. I probably could have done an entire box-set of songs that reminded me of the years 1974-1992, but sadly, I didn't have the time.

As always, I will be sending the CD off with a sheet explaining each and every song- something I've tried to do for a while, and am finally getting consistent in doing. My friend A, for instance, requested that I make her CD's to expand her listening base, so I included information about each band.

It was a little weird to make a CD for someone I've never met- at least, not in person, but I think(hope) I did a good job. I tried to put deeper tracks on there than she might be aware of, but, as I don't know her tastes that well. We'll see what the verdict is in a couple days.

Last night's pub quiz was fun, mostly because I introduced a new team name for Schlitzkrieg, the Von Schtup Family. Those who got it, had fun with the idea. We won, too, which always makes for a good night. This next Friday is one of our team's birthday, so we'll be celebrating with free dinner, thanks to Ginger's. Our quiz master asked if I wanted to do another pub quiz for my MS Ride, but I declined. We're already doing 5 on Sundays, plus two on Wednesdays, one for one of the workers there who is dieing from cancer, another for a couple who are running(I believe, but could have the wrong marathon) the Honolulu Marathon for AIDS. I am still planning on doing another pub quiz for my MS Ride, but probably at the new bar my friend J is opening. We'll see.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You're so tired, Mr. Von Schtup. Is everything below the waist kaput?

Pat

9:22 AM  
Blogger Erinna said...

erin-go-blog is eagerly anticipating her CD...don't you just hate it when people refer to themselves in the third person? Like Bob Dole...

12:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

... or Ricky Henderson...
... or Napoleon ...
... or George W. Bush. Hey, he talks about "Evil" all of the time!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

What about Cd trading? I'll make you a Cd of stuff I like if you make me a Cd of stuff you like, huh? How about it? I LOVE CDs and there is a chance we may be able to introduce each other to stuff we may not have given a chance before.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I think that's a good idea, Reagan's Youth. I've been trying to perfect what I consider to be the best mix I've ever made- it's just got that flow quality I seek, call it the Feng Shui of CD making.

I'm still finishing Erin's CD(had a change of heart on some tracks) but I'll shoot a copy of this your way soon.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home