Monday, August 30, 2004

Proof as to my absolute lack of sanity.

As you may have noticed from yesterday's posts, I was out really, really late on Saturday night(Sunday morning, actually) and was up fairly early, promising to blog about something I've been spending too much time being cryptic about, and I completely failed to do so. I apologize. I really do. Here's what happened:

After I got back from driving my friend A's car back to her neighborhood(we wouldn't allow her to drive) I got back to my house at about 12, just wanting to relax for a bit and collect my thoughts for the big bad blog entry I promised. I was on the sofa flipping through the cannels when my cell phone neighed at me(yes, my ringer is a neighing horse- it's funny). I checked the caller ID and saw it was my good friend D.

Me: [screams out nickname of friend]
D: Hey man.
Me: What's up?
D: I've got an extra ticket for the Cubs game, if you're interested.
Me: [thinks for a second] What time is the game?
D: 1:20
Me: What time is it now?
D: 12:30.
Me: Let me take a shower and I'm on my way.

At 1:30, I was sitting happily with two beers in the sunny center-field bleachers of the Friendly Confines. I had a good time- despite the loss and the hangover, which wasn't nearly as bad as it should have been, thanks to having breakfast at 4:45 in the morning. I was however, at the end of the game, not in any condition for, well, anything else but going home. That didn't stop me from going to have a drink with my best friend, though. One turned into two, turned into a "damn I have to go home." So home I went, and ordered some mediocre Thai food and went to bed at about 10. I needed the sleep something fierce, after this weekend of too much beer and not enough sleep.

More later. Promises, promises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home