Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Pat cracks me up.

This post's comments are hilarious. I like the idea of a debate over what length my hair looked best at. So, I'm going to dig through some old photos tonight and put together a little collage so those of you who haven't known me IRL for that long(if at all, for most of my readers) can get to see the amazing changes my hair went through from say, when Pat met me, back in the spring of 1992, to now, some 12 years and change later. You'd have to keep in mind, dear reader that back then, I had hair down to the middle of my back, when straightened(naturally curly hair bites). Around about 21 or 22, I decided to cut my hair in some kind of a bob(I think that's what it was called), which was probably ill advised for the naturally curly hair. Then I moved back to Chicago, grew my hair long again, and then went for the most drastic cut on the advice of my best friend, and sat down in the chair for this conversation:

Stylist: So, what would you like done? Quick trim?
Me: Nah. I'm looking for more of a radical change. Something David Duchovny or Noah Wylie-esque.
Stylist: Why is it that all the men with long hair want me to cut it short? You have such lovely hair!
Me: Well, if we don't do it now, I'm gonna chicken out.
Clippers: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUuuuuuuuuuuuuump!

I shocked my friends, family, and co-workers with that one. Oddly, I almost immediately started dating a woman who said to me that it was the haircut that really did it for her.

Ah, the power of hair.

So, I'll work on getting those online later on. For now, today we're going to train like it's 1999.

2 Comments:

Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

Ooooh cannot wait! : )
I admit, I like the close shaved bald men as well...

Why?

?

9:52 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Because it's a solar panel for a sex machine?

Just a thought.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home