Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Happy birthday, old friend.

Today is the 100th birthday of New York City's Subway System.

I have to admit that I do miss living in New York, especially the subway there. In my opinion, it's the best transit system, as far as convenience that I've seen. You can get pretty much everywhere by train. The same could be said of Chicago, but our system was built on the inconvenient "all roads lead to the loop" concept, which makes going from Rogers Park to O'Hare a real pain. Our train line are too far apart at points, too.

Anyways, I miss my old friend. I miss taking the C, N, R, or D train to work. I miss having all those options that got me to work fair and square. So happy birthday, old friend. I hope I get to see you again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home