Friday, October 01, 2004

I'll do this just once...

I will admit that I watched the debate last night. I have never gotten into politics as much as I have this year. I was less than impressed. I gave my input to the CNN poll, and I was again, not terribly nice to either candidate. Kerry's hands shook like he was jonesing for booze for about the first 40 minutes or so- nervousness isn't something I look for in a president. I will give him enough that at least he was smart enough to be scared. What I'm dieing to see is an actual count of how many times Bush uttered 'um' during the debate. When I voiced my option on the CNN poll, I gave him a F for delivery. I've taken a few speech classes in my time. I know it's death for your presentation if you say 'um' even once. I was also annoyed that he kept asking for rebuttals- something that's technically against debate rules, from what I remember.

At least it's over with. Next time, I'm going to have friends over and we're going to drink every time Bush says um- with an official scorekeeper. Should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home