Wednesday, October 27, 2004

On hating the NHL.

Way back in the day(say the last time the Cardinals played in a World Series, I was a huge Twins Fan. I stayed that way for years, until the gloomy strike of 1994. Then, I just didn't see why I followed a team where the players bitched and moaned about the enormous sums they made. So, now that the NHL is having labor problems, what is my position?

It's simple, really. I'm pissed at the players for refusing agreements. I'm pissed at the owners for being pigheaded. Sports should be played for the love of the sport, not for the love of the money. So, when I read about this player, I get all happy-happy, joy-joy. It helps me believe that there are professional athletes out there who still believe that the love of the game is the most import aspect, not the love of money.

The NHL already has a very dark mark against it in my book, the whole fiasco of moving the North Stars to Texas. Fortunately for me, I still have my beloved Wolves, the team that helped to resurrect my hockey heart, and still makes me proud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home