Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Weekend Update

Ok, this'll take a few minutes, so I'm going to try to section things out for easy readability. We'll just see how it works.

Friday
Got home from work, and headed straight into cleaning up for the arrival of my mom and stepdad. Got the things I needed done done with time to spare, thankfully. We went to dinner at my favorite German restaurant, and decided we were all tired, so we stayed in and watched the Ladykillers. They went to bed, and I stayed up surfing the net for a while.

Saturday
Went to breakfast and picked up a camera on the way back. I had won $2 in the lottery, so I got another ticket and a scratch-off. Got back to my place, and, well, just hung out. We finally made the decision to head to the Museum of Science and Industry, but decided to skip actually entering the museum, and instead I gave them a tour of Chicago. I drove us to Wrigley first, where we took pictures, then down Lake Shore, all the way to the museum, where we turned around, hit downtown, then up to my old neighborhood, then back to my house. That's when the weather finally cleared up, but we decided to stay in anyways, and watched Slap Shot and ordered pizza. After that, we headed to the Wolves game with Jen and my friend A, where we witnessed one of the best comebacks I've seen in hockey. We went back to my house to watch the end of the BoSox game and I finally went to bed about 12:15.

Sunday
I woke up at 4. I was very, very, very, very, very unhappy to be awake at 4, considering that my sleep was disturbed when my roommate got home, so I wasn't terribly well rested. I did, however, manage to get myself out the door on time, but when I got downtown to catch the Orange Line to Midway, there apparently was no service. I got really pissed, and hailed a cab down to the airport. By the time I got to Midway, I had already spent $47 on cab rides. This is not a good way to start a vacation on a very tight budget. On further review, I have discovered that I read the wrong day on the schedule, so I could not have expected a train, at least, not for another hour.

I managed to catch a nap on the flight out, which was extremely necessary. We landed around 10:15 Eastern, and Wendy, who made this entire trip possible for me, picked us up at the airport. We went to lunch, and just hung out at her apartment until it was time to head to the game.

Well I love that dirty water...
The game was awesome. Sure, it was cold, and I wasn't properly dressed, but our seats were amazing, we were in center field, about 20 rows in front of the CF scoreboard. The energy was intense. I'm always amazed at how the crowd is at Fenway, but it's even more incredible when it's a World Series game. My pictures didn't all turn out, nor are they all there or in the proper order, but you can access them here. I'll get the rest of them posted tonight or tomorrow.

We got home late(sorry, Wendy!) and hit the sack.

Monday
We took the bus into Harvard Square and met up with Wendy at her office, then walked around the square for a while, went to lunch, and, well, walked around some more. We hung out at the Fox Sports airport bar, then flew home.

I was so happy to sleep in my own bed last night(first time since Thursday) that I overslept and was late to work this morning. This is especially bad, because I have physical therapy this afternoon, so I'm leaving early. I've since volunteered to come in early for the rest of the week to make up the time.

All in all, I had a great weekend, if completely exhausting.

For the record- literally, I used 16 links in this post. I think that's a personal best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home