Friday, October 15, 2004

Weird, wild stuff

So, I was all sleepy and groggy and the like after I got out of Physical Therapy last night. I managed to ride 3.52 miles in 10 minutes on the exercise bike, so I figured I deserved a treat, so I stopped by the Globe and had myself a Dave(yes, a sandwich named after me) and a couple Guinness before I headed home. And there was much rejoicing.

This morning was a little weird, simply because my roommate is heading to Miami for a bachelor party, and his friend G is in from Ireland, and I woke up at 4 so I could do a load of laundry. So, instead of the usual flurry of activity that I cause when I'm skulking around the house at 5:15 in the morning, I had S in the shower, his friend G on the futon, probably wishing he would have stayed at another friend's house, and S's friend K stopping by to pick him up. It was kind of amusing, to say the least, but really confused the hell out of my poor cat, who just wanted to sleep in.

So, the really odd thing to happen out of all this is I actually made it to work with time to spare- something I'm completely unaccustomed to.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

It occurred to me just after I hit "publish blog" that I should have more adequately explained "The Dave" so here goes:

Long story short: The Dave is a French Dip Sandwich, except instead of thin roast beef, it's strips of steak.

Short story long: My friend J was the manager and head chef at Gingers, then moved onto the Globe to be head chef there. She taste-tested the sandwich with me, discovered that I was madly in love with it, and added it to the menu at the Globe. Most all of the wait staff know that this is my sandwich, so if you walk in and ask for a Dave, they'll know what you mean. To break down the actual sandwich:
Thick strips of steak and provolone cheese on a French roll. Optional green peppers and onions. The dip is a little fancier, it's a red wine-bouillon concoction, which tastes wonderful.

Highly recommended.

9:52 AM  
Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

(yay)

The Dave sounds like my favorite sandwich from Cole's called the *Clancy* EXCEPT the Clancy is served on Garlic Bread...mmmmm.....so freaking good. Now I want one.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

On garlic bread?

Holy shit. I'd be in heaven.

1:52 PM  
Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

Oh it is heaven...

I can imagine ordering it with onions would only make it complete...

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home