Friday, November 19, 2004

'Cause nothing lasts forever, and we both know hearts can change...

And it's hard to hold a candle in the cold November Rain.

So, last night, I decided it was high time I got my pictures developed from my wonderful trip to Toronto. I also found a disposable camera with pictures from a Wolves game from last year. I walked over to my local Osco drug store, which no purports that it has 30 minute processing. Apparently, it's only 30 minutes if you don't have a disposable camera, but I'm not complaining. I went home, and after having reinforced the song November Rain's position as being stuck in my head, proceded to acquire a copy of it. I bummed around the house, then headed back to Osco to pick up my pictures, and finally, because I can't find the damn thing, I bought another umbrella, which, of course, protected me from said cold November Rain(hey Chicagoans- remember the last time we saw the sun? I sure don't.) as I walked to the Globe for a quick dinner and drink before I settled into a night of relative hermit life. I decided to watch Red Dawn, mostly because whatever tv show is on before The Simpsons mentioned Charlie Sheen, which got Red Dawn into my brain. Fortunately, my collection includes said movie.

It was a good night for me. Relaxing. No going out late, staying up late, or anything. I think my head hit the pillow and I was out before you could say coma girl. All this was good, but I was bewildered by the fact that I shot awake at 2 am. I thought I was late for work, and had to convince myself otherwise by walking around the house looking at various time pieces before settling back into bed.

Which brings me back to an earlier comment of mine about not seeing the sun. My friend A asked me yesterday if I remembered the last time I saw the sun. I honestly don't have an answer- While it's been warm around here, I don't remember seeing the sun for ages, and I think it's starting to effect how my body functions. Damn circadian rhythm and all.

Well. That's all of my random babblings about that. This weekend promises to be a fun one- I finally get to see my friend A for the first time in 3 weeks(at least!) and tomorrow I'm heading to my grandparents' 40th wedding anniversary where I'll get to see my dad, my stepmom and stepsisters. I haven't seen them since July, and probably won't get to see them again until sometime next year. I'm then headed back here for football on Sunday, then I have a nice 3 day week next week, followed by an amazing 5 days off in a row.

I'm going to be so spoiled, except for the Monday after Thanksgiving, when I've scheduled appointments with my surgeon and my GP.

Doesn't that sound like fun?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home