Friday, November 05, 2004

The gods must have finally smiled upon me.

I'm certainly not taking Blogger.com for granted. I'm not even sure if I'll be able to post this entry.

See, friends, I have been trying to write a new post for about 5 hours now, and just now- finally- got through.

So, let's see.... I wanted to talk about..... oh yeah, the fact that my roommate is in Mexico for a wedding this weekend, and that I'll be in Canada. Only my cat is still in America, poor thing. She's also the only thing in my house that hasn't bitched about the election. She just doesn't know any better- so long as the W doesn't start fucking with her Meow Mix. Then things get personal.

In other news, I was slightly late in getting out the door this morning, and who do I spy down the street? Well, it was none other than Mr. Red Half-Ton Toyota who tried to run me over yesterday. Seems like someone is carpooling or something, and stops by down the street on weekday mornings. We'll have to see how our neighborly connection and relationship develops. I think I'll get my digital camera fixed and start carrying it with me as I cross the street...

I keep forgetting that the new Dave(working title: Zen and the Art of Dave Repair) doesn't exact revenge on people, he's letting things go and not getting angry about them.

Wow. Does anyone else think that that's the biggest line of bullshit I've ever spouted?

All kidding aside, I am working on my temper. I am also looking forward to my trip to Accordion City for iCcordion Guy's birthday(happy birthday, Joey!) and for the great engagement party. t-minus 6 hours til my plane takes off!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms. K said...

new Dave(working title: Zen and the Art of Dave Repair) doesn't exact revenge on people, he's letting things go and not getting angry about them. haha. i should try that. i'm already trying to be nice and peaceful and calm for a change. i've been so pissed off all week. but i don't think that's possible. i think it's in my nature to cause conflict and upset people. so i don't see it working for me either.

3:33 PM  
Blogger J said...

Dave,
Galewood working suburban livin' 30's shmuck saying "yo" to fellow 30's Logan schmuck. I dig the site.
Anna....yes, Anna, I'm following you. You're not doing too bad in the argument/debate department. Hell, at least you didn't take a header off a building like that other guy did after last week's verbal assault.

9:12 AM  
Blogger J said...

Dave,
One more thing. Your profile lists The Ramones, Primus and Morphine.
Marry me.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home