Monday, November 01, 2004

How I spent my summer vacation.

Ok, just my weekend.

I had plans to go see Camper Van Beethoven on Friday after PT, which fizzled into me falling asleep on the couch long enough to make the effort worthless, so I didn't. I hung out with my roommate and drank too much and stayed out too late. On the whole, it was a typical Friday night. I had all kinds of things I had to get done on Saturday, which I completely skipped. No laundry was done. No cleaning was done. No billpaying was done. No shopping got done(at least not what I meant to get done). I watched movies- and I didn't give a shit that I wasn't getting anything done, except, of course, watching movies. First up on my list was Jersey Girl, which I just had to watch because I love my Kevin Smith movies. I was bored- and didn't really like it. I took a break and headed to Osco for some supplies and bought Air America(I am a huge sucker for the $9.99 DVD bin- someone should look into this), took it home, and watched it. After that, I heard the mail come, went downstairs, and lo and behold, but my new Netflix movie arrived- Bend It Like Beckham. This was a nice, fun movie, and it made me think about my friend A, who is Punjabi. That's what I got out of the movie- not "oooh- how fun is soccer," but "wow, what a culture!" After that I went out with my best friend and painted the town a couple shades of red. It was fun, until I a regrettable one-night stand walked in the bar. Fortunately, there was no conversation with her- just uncomfortable looks exchanged.

Sunday was a lazy day as well. I went down to Raven's to watch my football games and wondered what kind of parents brought their kids to a bar to trick-or-treat, and got to see several examples. I got disturbed. Then I got mad, as my football weekend went completely wrong, except for the Packers winning*. My fantasy team is in the toilet, and my picks weren't much better. I need a good hockey game to shake up my bad mojo, methinks. So, that was the weekend, pretty much. I spent some time with the quizmaster from Ginger's last night, just chatting. It was fun.

*I'll spare you the entire diatribe on how ironic it was for a lifelong Vikings fan to be rooting for the Packers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home