Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Imagine the possibilities.

I came across this article via Fark this morning, asking the question whether or not Canada should indict Bush on war crimes and violations of the U.N. Charter. As much as I would love to see that, please don't.

Why would I think that? Well, if you arrest Bush and indict him with war crimes, that would make Dick Cheney president. That's equivalent to replacing Darth Vader with the Emperor- something I certainly don't want to ever see. I know that as a country we're incredibly divided down here, and I apologize for our failed effort at regime change, but we're doing the best we can with what we got. Putting bush behind bars brings the man behind the curtain to the forefront- and trust me, that'll just make things worse.

Besides, who's to say that the powers that be in this country wouldn't then go on a rescue mission? Didn't you guys see South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut? Our leadership ignored the U.N. Charter once already, so we could make daddy proud, why wouldn't we invade a nice, big, natural-resource laden country like yours? We know you've got some oil in there somewhere, and we're willing to do anything to get at it.

So, as a personal favor to me, my friends and very dear neighbors, don't indict Bush, at least wait until we get a more sensible government back in action- around about January 2009, I hope.

Thanks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. K said...

eh, don't worry, canada won't indict bush. they're too lets-stay-out-of-trouble to do anything like that. which is good. that's one of the many things i like about canada.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home