Sunday, November 14, 2004

Pixies.

Last night's show was really, really good. They played just about everything, and they played it well. The only major problem was the venue. I've said it once, and I'll say it a hundred times, the Aragon Ballroom is a horrible place to see a show. The acoustics are just fucked.

I camped out at my usual spot, right by the sound booth, and had a good view of the entire band for almost the entire show. I was surprised by how much Kim Deal smoked during the show- there were only a few times that she didn't have a cigarette in her mouth- even while she was playing.

It was a tight show, all in all. I'd consider going again this week if I could afford it. What was weird to both me and Jen was that after the show, instead of what we used to to(go out, drink more, stay out too late), we went to my house, opened a bottle of wine, and iced my knee. Another sentence I can't believe escaped my lips was "I wish I had brought some Hearos." Now, this is the first concert type concert I've been to in a while(there just hasn't been that many people coming through that I needed to see), but I don't remember myself being such a crochety old fart. Perhaps my greatest fear has come true: I've become the old guy that I used to make fun of.

Or maybe, I'm just aging nicely, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home