Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Sublime.

I'm in a good mood. Why? I think you could probably guess, but here's the news:
For the first time in the history of the Picks League, someone has achieved a perfect 16-0 week. Schlitzkrieg blitzkrieg-ed its way to a perfect record, making the 14-2 marks posted by 6 other people look pretty pathetic. So, we must all bow to the Schlitzkrieg and tremble in fear.

Week 11 results:
Carl Eller Division: Schlitzkrieg 16-0 (7pts); Nibblonian Conquest 14-2 (6 pts); 3M and Smashing Helmets 13-3 (4.5 pts each); Pilate's Pirates 12-4 (3 pts); Ressler's Wrestlers and The Natural 11-5 (1.5 pts each); and Knights of Palatinus 10-6 (0 pts)

John Elway Division: Cool B.O.B., Jesssox, Thunderball, The Emus, and Super Bowl Champion Bearz 14-2 (5 pts each); Wicker Baskets and Pickled Herrings 12-4 (1.5 pts ech); and Patty's Cakes 10-6 (0 pts)

Yes. Happy Dave ensues.

In other news, I tried my first recipe from my new AHA Low-Fat Low-Cholesterol Cookbook: Spicy Baked Pork Chops. The setup was kind of a pain- but that's mostly due to the lack of any available counter space in my kitchen. It was good though, I figured it out, although it took longer than I like. My roommate did all the dishes taking up the counter space, so I might try it again tonight, seeing as I still have all the ingredients in excess. What it desperately needed was a side dish, so I'm going to work on that for the next time. My only major problem was finding cornmeal, which, for some reason, was only available from one brand in one size at the Jewel by my house, so I laid down $4.79 for a bad of cornmeal I doubt I'll use for anything else. So, if you live in Chicago and have use for cornmeal, be sure to let me know. I got plenty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home