Friday, December 10, 2004

As promised, a recap of Refco's holiday party.

Co-worker W and I get off work at 3:30, so we had about 2 hours to kill before the party got started. So, we stowed our stuff in his car, and headed over to the Govnor's Pub for a couple drinks before we had to redon our suit jackets and head into our corporate party. Our other co-worker M joined us around 5- and off we went.

Our party was at the 'historic' Chicago Theatre(known for it's large overlit sign that says, aptly, "Chicago" on it)- and the marquee told everyone so. Us tech support guys primarily stayed together, doing a lot of people watching. The liquor was top shelf. The food, was, well, good, but not all that. They put up a dance floor on the stage(I can now say I've been on the stage of the Chicago Theatre) and played mostly crappy songs that quite a few people danced to. Not me, though. No way.

We had fun, I had fun, for at least part of it. Free vodka tonics tend to make me happy, so it was ok. W, M and I did take off(WMD, as it were) about 8, because, well, we just didn't want to stay. I was tired and wanted to go home and watch er, W has to drive all the way back to the far north suburbs, and M used us as an excuse to get out. The whole idea behind our early exit was that we get fed and a nice buzz from the free food and drink, then leave before people start talking to us and we start saying all those things that we can't say on our recorded lines.

It was a good strategy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home