Friday, December 03, 2004

A funny from last week.

Last Friday night I went to dinner with my aunt, uncle, and their twin daughters, my lovely and very fun cousins. They're 10 years old now, and really fun to be with. Whenever I see them I give them really hard spelling words, and they learn them and the next time I see them, they put on a show of how well they learned the word. The first time it was magnetohydrodynamics. This trip it was dendrochronology. After mastering dendrochronology in just one day, the elder of the twins(by 7 minutes) wanted to go head to head on multiplication tables. I deftly avoided that confrontation, but showed off my mental prowess by computing how many days old they were in my head. This impressed both of them immensely, and lead to the younger of my cousins to write this, which I am not editing for spelling or grammar, so please, bear with us:
I was born in 1994 and it is now 2004 oh heke I have now idea what I'm saying so how about we say I'm not as good as my cousin Dave, because he can figure out all of this stuff in his head and I have no idea how he does it so he must be a robot because he cinda knows every thing to me. maybe he knows everythign because maybe he is a canadian spy from canada. OR maybe he is just my rayguler cousin Dave!

She then passed it to her mother so she could read it, who passed it to me. After I finished she asked for it back, and added the following:
When Dave read this letter he went bazar or that was how I think he ractid.

I told her I wasn't better than her, and that she was awesome. I asked her if I could keep her letter so I could put it on my fridge, right next to the valentines she and her sister made me in February. In reality, I've been carrying it with me all week, and reading it from time to time when I need a pick-me-up.

Aren't I just a sentimental sap?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm on to you, Canadian.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Ms. K said...

Awww, that's adorable! I think we all need to have little letters like that for a little pick-me-up when we're feeling down.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home