Thursday, December 30, 2004

Get off your lazy ass.

I've been stewing about something this morning.

First of all, let me say that the tragedy of the tsunami isn't lost on me. It's a horrible event in the world's history. I'm pondering having next week's pub quiz benefit the Red Cross/Red Crescent charities instead of my own. It seems the least I could do.

Secondly, why, oh why, is our president still on vacation? This article points out that other world leaders are going back to work to help however they can. This is a good thing, promoting the world community and solidarity among the nations. Something our president has said he's doing by fighting the war against terror. News flash W, but there are about two thousand Americans unaccounted for. Sound familiar? Remind you of anything? You sure didn't waste any time to come to their aid. I guess when Americans get injured, killed, or disappear outside of the U.S. it just doesn't mean as much to you.

Thirdly, I noticed during the press conference I saw on the news this morning, all about how we're increasing our aid to those devastated, that the placard behind our "leader" read "The Western White House Crawford, Texas." Do me a favor. Stay there. Heed this advice. Take the rest of your damn red states with you, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms. K said...

i totally agree and it's not just about americans. yeah, that should be something that unities us, but whenever 100,000+ die anywhere of anything i like to think that's a worldly concern for EVERYONE.

the media has been driving me nuts. i mean, it is really tragic that there are 2,000 americans missing, but when you're dying it doesn't really matter whether or you're an american or an indian or a thai person or whatever, you know? they're all people and we should care about them regardless of whether or not we may somehow be related to them.

just my two cents. :)

1:51 PM  
Blogger zencomix said...

The reason Bush takes so many vacations is because he's tired. They Make him read things at the White House.It wears him out, all those big words. He's not used to that, and he's embarrased to keep asking Karl Rove what certain words mean. He likes to go to Texas, because if he does have to read anything,it's usually a teleprompter...

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home