Thursday, December 02, 2004

I saw a Dead Head sticker on a Cadillac

And a little voice inside my head said
WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST TELL YOU?

I was just moments ago on the phone with another one of our clients. The role of Voice in My Head is played by the late, great, Sam Kinison.

Here's a little exchange:
Me: Restart your computer.
Cust: Restart, or shut down?
VIMH: WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST TELL YOU? Oh-Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!
Me: (impatiently) Restart.

another one:
Me: When the Java Console comes up, press G to collect garbage, then X to clear out the classloader.
Cust: OK.
VIMH: Go forth and compute, you FUCKING IDIOT!
Me: So, that's all you have to do.
Cust: Oh. I thought you were going to do that for me.
VIMH: Yes, asshat, I'm going to come to your house and press two buttons on your keyboard. ASSHOLE!
Me: No, just type that when the console comes up, and you should be fine. Call me if you're still having problems.

I'm so glad the voice in my head still sounds like Sam Kinison to me. I'm also glad that it doesn't come out my mouth that often. I'd probably be looking for a new job by now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home