Thursday, December 16, 2004

Why I can't(shouldn't) nap.

Last night I was absolutely exhausted. After PT and a quick dinner and a couple of pints(I'm starting to get used to eating veggie burgers, for those of you worried about my diet), I went home to watch some TV and get some rest. I never knew it would come so quickly.

I fell asleep about 9 or so- on the couch. Realizing that I didn't want to sleep there, I got up, brushed my teeth, and hit the sack. I don't think I was conscious for another 5 minutes after turning out the bathroom light. It was nice.

The weird part came when my phone rang around 10:30. I woke up, turned off my alarm, turned on the light, and tried to figure out why Malcolm in the Middle was on the TV so early in the morning. I got up, went to the bathroom and started brushing my teeth. Again. Finally, I started to notice certain things weren't quite right- and it dawned upon me: it wasn't 4am, it was 10:30pm. Oh. Time to go back to bed. Well, almost. The phone rang again. It's my friend L, who's coming to town tomorrow. This is important.

Needless to say, confusion ran rampant for those 15 minutes, until I calmed down and got my head back on. Mind you, this happens whenever I nap. No wonder my blood pressure is so "high."

Anyways, I rewrote the text for my MS Ride website, updated the picture and did some work on the team page. After such an accomplishment, I feel like I need a new challenge, until I realize that I have about 160 days until I'm riding my first official century.

No worries, though. I can handle it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home