Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Coffee Culture part 8,794

I know I've probably beat this topic into the ground, but I don't like coffee. I never have. I don't even injest caffeine, save for the little that enters my system through my favorite recreational drug, Guinness. I have tried it, once when I was maybe 9 or 10, and then again, when I was 19, we were drinking Irish Coffees one night, and I gave it another shot(literally). Of course, neither time was terribly appealing, so things just didn't work out for me and coffee.

As I'm reading through my blogs today, I came across 2005 Bloggie Nominee Joey's entry about Starbucks. In his entry he talks about another blogger's challenge to his readers to use the Starbucks Store Locator to beat his number of Starbucks stores within a 5 mile radius(43). Not that I have beaten the record of 170(the number for my old Midtown Manhattan office is 165), but there are 58 Starbucks I will probably never, ever be in within 5 miles of my house. Interesting. I had no idea.

So, even though I've seen Coffee and Cigarettes, I still don't get coffee culture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home