Thursday, January 20, 2005

I can resist anything but temptation.

Last night my friend T, who just quit his job, asked if he could come over to use my computer to do some resume stuff, with the idea that we'd go for a quick beer afterwards. When he got to my house, I was in the throes of dinner preparation. He did his computer stuff, I finished cooking and ate. It was a well-timed operation.

Afterwards, we headed to the Globe for a drink, and, because he didn't want to eat my heart-healthy food, he ordered dinner.

Here's where temptation rears a very, very, very ugly head.

I was shockingly enthralled watching the Bulls lose and drinking my Guinness that I hadn't heard what he ordered. Some time later, here comes his order: a cheeseburger with bacon and a mountain of curly fries. Immediately he says "want some fries?"

Oh boy.

Fortunately for me, my resolve to resist fried food is a might bit stronger almost immediately after consuming heart-healthy food, so I was able to resist. I do have to say, those fries smelled pretty goddamn good, though.

1 Comments:

Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

Impressive.

I can never, ever say no to a French Fry...

Ever.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home