Friday, January 21, 2005

Oddly, I wouldn't have minded so much.

This article did two things to me this morning. Made me laugh, and almost simultaneously, made me shudder with terror.

You see, neither of my knees, as of last August, were in particularly good shape, but the right was definitely worse off than the left, and thankfully, I am feeling much, much better. I might not have to have the left knee done again, thanks to the exercises I learned from my physical therapist.

Anyways, back to the shuddering with terror:
At the time, I was perplexed by his actions, but am now completely thrilled that my surgeon, on the day of my surgery, walked into my room, checked out my shaved knee and asked "we're doing the right knee today, correct?" After my positive response, he took his pen out and wrote "yes" on my leg(pictured here, between Itchy and Seepy). I wore his notation for more than a week before I was able to wash that area and remove all the writing.

But look at me now- I can run and jump and play and dance and bike. The only real restrictions I still have: I can't kneel, and I probably shouldn't play volleyball.

But life, as they say, is going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home